Welcome to Quainton Tennis Club
Covid-19 Advice to members:
We are delighted to announce that Tennis coaching at Quainton has restarted. This decision has been reached after careful consideration of the new LTA guidelines and discussions with our coaches, Peter and Aaron Cowley.
As you would expect, we are having to comply with certain constraints, mainly in relation to the number of people allowed on the courts during group lessons. We also do not feel it is easy for the younger Juniors to socially distance, so are only offering coaching for age 10 and upwards. We are sorry if this disappoints some of you, but we have to open things up gradually and will revisit our decision before the summer holidays.
The initial phase of coaching is being offered on the following basis:
1) Each group session will be limited to 5 members + 1 coach.
2) The proposed groups and timings are:
Ladies: 2.45-3.45 pm
Juniors (Age 10-13): 4-5 pm
Youths (Age 14+): 5.15-6.15 pm
Men: 6.30-7.30 pm
This allows a 15 minute buffer between sessions for each group to leave and arrive safely within the court area.
3) The cost is £7 per lesson, pre-paid for 6 weeks = £42. This covers the period to 21st July, which is the last day of the school term. Those who start in June will pay a pro-rata lower amount.
4) Places will be filled on a first come first served basis, with priority being given to paid up members.
5) We are also pleased to be reintroducing adult coaching for all ages and abilities. One group is for Ladies, the other for Men, although the evening session might well be Mixed. Other clubs have found this approach to be popular, so we feel it worth trying and hope that these will appeal to many of our adult members.
6) Any member interested in signing up for coaching please let Claire Lucas (01296 655552) know soon. She will then collate the list for each group. This information will be passed on to Peter to handle the payment and administration thereafter.
7) If demand for places exceeds the numbers available, then we will try and add additional groups on another day.
Please do share this information with other members of your household where applicable, as we would like to offer coaching to the largest number of members possible.
Download membership forms here:
The courts are booked for social tennis on:
Tuesday morning 9.30 - 11am (all welcome) please phone Jan Stiegeler for more information 01296 655800
Thursday 8 -9pm social tennis Please phone Paul Ormerod 07734 750633 for more information
Men's matches or practice usually takes place on Sunday mornings. If you would be interested in joining the team or just coming along to join in please phone John Lucas 01296 655552. We are hoping to start a mixed team in the near future.
Group coaching for young children and teens normally takes place Tuesday afternoons. If you would like to be notified (if you are not already on the mailing list) when it is starting, please contact Claire Lucas 01296 655552 or contact the coach directly.
The coaching team are available for individual or small group coaching email email@example.com or phone 07539 244155.
Further Information and Policies:
|Rules and Conditions||Click here|
|Codes of Conduct||Click here|
|Sun Safety Advice||Click here|
|Welfare of young people and children||Click here|
|Safeguarding Policy||Click here|
|Reporting a concern||Click here|
|Safeguarding Statement – Welfare Officer||Click here|
|Reporting a concern – Form||Click here|
|Whistle blowing Policy||Click here|
|Inclusion and Diversity Policy||Click here|
|Trans People Policy||Click here|
|Data Handling and use of data||Click here|
Thumbnail blog image
News Update date: 1/1/2001